Tuesday 26 January 2010

In the beginning there was the word ...

...and the word came from a friend who repeatedly advised me that I should write a blog. After many months the combination of camembert and pavlova (not at the same time) inspired me to write a word or two, or three, or four...

That said, there is a high probability that this will be the last posting to The Pillow Book. Alternatively, it might end up with a few more postings and more closely resemble, in size if not in quality, the book that inspired the blog name - The Pillow Book of Sei Shonagon.

You see, when I thought about blogging I was at a loss - what would my blog be about? Would it be like Chocolate & Zucchini, or more along the lines of Sex and Dubai? I had no idea.

So using my highly advanced problem solving skills (first avoid the problem, second ignore it, three scream at it, four curl up in the foetal position and rock, five...) I decided that my blog didn't need to be about anything. Or it could be about everything.

If you are fortunate enough to find it, if you find anything on it remotely interesting or useful, if, if, if ... then please post messages. However, if you find it and you want to increase my size, help me please my whatever in bed, sell me meds cheaply or anything else, if you think you have the right to spam my blog, then please go away. I will only ask nicely once. You send me crap and I warn you, I won't be so nice next time.

Now, after making pavlova last night for the office, I am now going to make a warm, comforting bread and butter custard (enhanced with a little lemon zest and brandy) to use up the egg yolks.

Until next time
Live in splendour

2 comments:

  1. Promising beginnings... now your fans need pics; since you write so well, you need to show your readership you can blend image and word...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Splendid Woman,

    Being a pavlova devotee myself, I have always been perplexed about the problem of the leftover egg yolks.

    Using much the problem solving technique as yourself leads to the aforementioned yolks sitting huddled together in a bowl in the fridge until the husband says "WTF?" and I admit defeat and throw them away.

    Could you kindly share your recipe for bread and butter custard (with accompanying lemon and brandy, of course)?

    Many thanks,
    Trainee Housewife

    ReplyDelete