Saturday 27 March 2010

I will never be "regular blogger of the year"

So again it's been a while. No excuses. I just haven't got around to blogging.

Yesterday I found something I haven't seen for a long time - rhubarb. So many of us have been talking about it, but no one knew where to find it - Choitrams Safa Park - but beware, it's not cheap.

So today I chopped it up, stewed it with a cinnamon stick and a little sugar thinking I'd make a rhubarb crumble. Sadly there wasn't enough so I added apples (always a great combination). My crumble topping was fairly standard but I added some quinoa flakes (instead of rolled oats) and an Aussie touch - some wattle seed. So there's a treat for the office tomorrow.

First course is going to be lentil fritters - make a standard batter (flour, egg, milk), but add egg yolks first and whip up whites and fold them in. Flavour with chilli powder, cumin, cardamon, salt, pepper. Fry, flip, fry other side. Serve with chopped tomato, rocket and labneh.

Looking forward to lunch tomorrow.

'Til next time...

1 comment:

  1. Well, I feel better now, hungry, but much better. I'm very sporadic with my blog as well. Sometimes I post every day...sometimes not for weeks...oh well. I loved your first entry!! I promise not to spam you! I think I want some rhubarb apple crumble though......

    ReplyDelete