Sunday 20 February 2011

The paperclip creativity exercise - part one

Have you ever needed to think up creative ideas and been stuck? Maybe you are looking for topics for a blog, or just need to come up with some new ideas to solve a problem at work? Maybe you're a writer and you face that "I have a beautiful blank sheet of paper with so much potential, yet I have nothing to say" moment?

I want to share a simple exercise I learnt many years ago which I guarantee will create some ideas for you.

It involves the simple paperclip.

Step one:

Write down everything you can think of that you can use a paperclip for

Simple, isn't it?

Please don't be disillusioned if you only end up with a short list. In part two you will unleash the true potential of this exercise.

Come back tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment