Saturday 25 June 2011

Things that Delight Me - Part 1

Part 1 because there is so much more. But I don't know when part 2 will arrive...
• Wrapping myself in a soft fluffy bathsheet after a warm bath or shower
• Tracing lines with my fingers across a beautiful back in bed
• The smell, and taste, of freshly brewed coffee and freshly baked bread
• Frangipani blossoms
• The wonderful feeling when you wake up and know that the day is yours to do with as you wish
• The feel, taste, sensation, aroma of dark dark chocolate dissolving on my tongue
• The excitement of arriving in and discovering a new place
• Amazing and outlandish architecture
• Just about any sentence ever written by Alain de Botton (I can't claim to have read them all ... but those I have read, I love)
• The wonderful feeling of knowing that you have one whole white truffle that you can use however you like – and you don't have to share
• Reading about my friends’ lives on Facebook – and finding out how amazing they are
• The excitement of thinking about making massive changes in one’s life
• Truffled honey
• Smelly, strong cheeses
• A perfectly poached egg smothered with buttery, lemony hollandaise sauce
• Meeting up with friends just for the hell of it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment